To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER - WENDOVER
Full time, 40 hour per week.
Either Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday shift pattern. 8h shifts between 7.30am and 6.30pm. No split shifts.
Salary: £23,500 - £27000 depending on experience.
Rumsey’s is an award-winning family-run business seeking an experienced Cafe Manager to run our busy chocolaterie in the lovely market town of Wendover.
We are looking for that special someone who has lots of hands-on experience managing front of house in a café or restaurant setting. Working daytime shifts only you will be happy to get stuck-in, leading by example, confident in delivering excellent customer service, managing rotas and training, and with a passion for great food.
A member of the Leadership Team, this role manages the day to day running of the shop and chocolaterie. The role works closely with colleagues to ensure that the Rumsey’s vision, brand and chocolate culture is translated into all aspects of daily life at Rumsey’s.
Front of House
- To manage the chocolaterie, ensuring excellent service levels are maintained.
- To develop positive relationships with the team, leading by example and ensuring effective communication, briefing and motivation of Front of House staff.
- To ensure all Front of House staff are fully trained to the required standards and feel confident in their abilities and knowledge of specialist products.
- To ensure prompt and efficient service, and that all food and beverages prepared by Front of House staff are of the required high standard.
- To ensure team members adhere to the Rumsey’s dress code and are smart and well-presented.
- To ensure that the Front of House areas are clean and well maintained, that tables are correctly dressed, clean and tidy.
- To circulate throughout the restaurant regularly, maintaining a high profile with customers and staff and identifying or resolving any issues.
- To deal with customer complaints in a timely manner.
- To assist in managing merchandising layout and customer flow in order to maximise customer satisfaction, sales and shop appearance.
- Assist in organising special promotions, displays and events.
- To ensure wastage is minimised.
- To ensure maximum security in Front of House areas, and that staff are fully aware of the importance of security.
- To manage the rota and ensure that staffing levels are maintained at the agreed standards, ensuring that labour costs are in line with budget and turnover.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, in stock and correctly stored.
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted and decisions made with regard to stock levels.
- To ensure invoices and other paperwork are completed in a timely manner.
- Managing all cash and payment systems in accordance with company policy.
- To ensure all health, safety and hygiene requirements are met.
- To be a part of the Leadership team, participating in strategic planning decisions.
- To work closely with the Chocolaterie Manager in Thame to ensure consistent standards across both branches.
- To help grow Rumsey’s ‘chocolate culture’, including increasing chocolate sales and the uptake of courses, and ensuring staff are confident and knowledgeable.
- To ensure effective communication by attending and holding meetings.
- To participate in performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring this training is effective.
- To follow laid down disciplinary and grievance procedures as required.
- To follow company procedures in the event of fire, theft and health and safety and inform the Leadership Team of any issues in these areas.
- Continually look for ways of improving the operation and be aware of industry trends.
- Attend and engage in local events in the community promoting the business and ensuring Rumsey’s is involved.
- To have a transport in order to visit the Thame branch when necessary.
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to best support the Chocolaterie, which is open seven days a week including bank holidays.
- To work occasional evenings if required.
- To assist with any other reasonable tasks that may be required from time to time.
CHOCOLATERIE ASSISTANTS - WENDOVER
We have a number of Chocolaterie Assistant roles available in Wendover. We are looking for bubbly, energetic team players aged 18 + who can work both weekdays and weekends, and who love chocolate as much as we do!
We have a variety of 8 hour shifts available between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm.
We are looking to hear from anyone who can commit to at least 24 hours per week, and who the following qualities:
- Passion for good food and drink.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work quickly while remaining welcoming and friendly to customers.
- Confident communicator, able to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible shift pattern, including weekends.