To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: £17,000 to £21,000 depending on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To support the chocolate team in producing Rumsey’s artisan chocolates for our retail and wholesale outlets. To learn about all aspects of Rumsey’s chocolate production, working to consistently high standard, ensuring excellent hygiene standards and the smooth running of the kitchen. To be willing to muck-in with all elements of running the kitchen, including washing up, polishing moulds, topping up chocolates in the shop, unpacking deliveries etc. To assist in running chocolate-making workshops and courses for children and adults. Must also be willing to help in the running of chocolaterie at busy times in addition to chocolate work – this includes patisserie and shop activities.
- Minimum 2 years catering experience (doesn't need to be chocolate).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with common sense and initiative.
- High standard of personal hygiene and presentation (the theatre kitchens are on-show to the public).
- A self-starter who is able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings.
- Previous experience in patisserie or chocolate work.
- A creative chef, willing to get involved in product development.
- Own transport to travel between Thame and Wendover chocolateries.
JUNIOR CHOCOLATE CHEF - LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP:
HOURS: 32-40 hours per week
SALARY: Dependent on age (from £5-£9 p/h).
For more details and to apply see: